Of all places, I found this list at Forbes. I think there is a lot of wisdom in this list of things that mentally strong people do:
- They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- They keep control. They don’t give away their power.
- They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
- They stay happy. They don’t waste time or energy on complaining.
- They are kind and fair. They treat others with dignity.
- They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and benefits before taking action.
- They invest their energy in the present. They do not dwell in the past.
- They celebrate others successes. They do not envy the success of others.
- They are willing to fail. They do not give up and they see failure as a chance to grow.
- They enjoy their time alone. They do not avoid their own company.
- They accept responsibility for their behavior. They do not blame others.
- They are prepared to work to succeed. They do not feel the world owes them.
- They have perseverance. They do not expect immediate results.
- They are flexible. They adjust as needed.
- The expend their mental energy wisely. They do not waste time dwelling in unproductive thoughts.
- They think productively. They replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
- They tolerate discomfort. They accept their emotions without being tyrannized by them.
- They reflect. They take time to think of where they have been and where they are going.
Until next time, peace.